- Demystifying, explaining and raising awareness about Game Transfer Phenomena to encourage healthy and safe video game playing.
- Contributing to the understanding of involuntary phenomena relevant for several scientific disciplines.
- Reducing the stigma of mental disorders and video game playing.
- Improving the understanding of both the risks and benefits of playing video games.
- Strengthening therapeutic and psychopedagogic interventions by applying GTP mechanisms.
- Contributing to the understanding of underlying mechanisms, differential diagnoses and treatments of mental and neurological disorders which symptoms are mimicked by GTP.
- To understand the relationship between involuntary phenomena (e.g., sensory distortions/intrusions, spontaneous thoughts, urges and behaviours) and video games’ structural characteristics including the interaction with game-related hardware.
- To understand both the individual impact but also the potential uses of GTP.