BBC East Midlands Today (2015)
Salty Language thoughts on GTP (2016)
- A Matrix Moment With The Vive
- Have you ever had GTP
- My experiences with Game Transfer Phenomena by @ejbarnes89
- Five-hour play sessions with an Oculus Rift are giving me “grid eyes”
- College humor-Nerd Alert. Watch the video between 3:13 – 4:50
- Action Half-Life: The 5 a.m by @
- Top 7 video games that affect real life according to Brett Elston-Gamesradar.com
“I recently experienced this playing Portal 2, exactly as listed in the articles. It was to the point that it interrupted my sleeping patterns. It felt as if my body went to sleep but my mind was still working. It seems to happen in games with frequent sidekick interaction, or a narrator (i.e. GlaDos’ steady stream of speech, the backpack/water gun in Super Mario Sunshine, Navi’s oft mocked “HEY!”).
I remember specifically on another occasion, after Super Mario Sunshine came out that I could not sleep for a full night for nearly a week after playing it. That was the worst. I’ve never had anything bleed into my waking life though, but could see that possibly happening to a person that plays video games more frequently.
I’m glad you’re studying and writing about this, as I have noted it in my daily life and have been confused as to what was happening on those sleepless nights.” (Daniel Owens)
Poem about the tetris effect by Tatterdemalion
Opinions about other gamers’ experiences by We are the Nerds Of A Feather!